Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

10.10.2009

Mediating (Please repeat: "It builds the resume!")

So, this semester I was looking at classes to fulfill my upper level elective credit requirements, and I realized that while Legal classes are offered, they aren't really offered....I know...you're probably scratching you head. After a lengthy discussion with my adviser, she informed me that classes are offered, but there's either nobody to teach them, or there isn't enough interest to keep the class open. I was pissed, to say the least. So I had very few options open for upper level classes. Mostly because they would require that I take the pre-requisite classes just to take them. That would just keep setting me back. I try to avoid set-backs if I can. So, of the few classes available to me, I chose to continue with the Mediation Program. Whatever. It fulfills my requirements.

SO....I really don't like mediation. Not really. BUT, I figure it builds the resume, so why not continue with it. I am currently in the Advanced Mediation class. I have to conduct a project where I monitor Fundamental Mediation students' progress, advise the Fundamental Mediation students, and overall help them with their mediation techniques. It should definitely be interesting. My professor told me there's an opening for a project at the Orem Small Claims Court. I hate court mediating. It's probably the most intimidating thing I've ever done. I'm not looking forward to it, but maybe I'll get a good partner for my project and we'll do some good work. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cutest Memorables EVER!

I saw a Post on my friend Whitney Whiting's blog and thought I'd check it out. Turns out it was about this way cute trinkets website. I think the items are to die for and can't wait until I can buy something from there. Here's the web address for all interested: http://thevintagepearl.com/