Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

10.10.2009

SOC 320G: Race & Minority Relations

Okay. Please note the blog title. This class is about race and minority relations. This is definitely NOT my favorite subject. I thought that this would be a great class about how different cultures and races interact with each other. BUT NO. It's all about "White Man's Guilt". I'm so sick of having slavery and it being "my fault" shoved down my throat. It's complete bullshit. My ancestors were Irish for crying out loud! They were slaves at one point too. AND it's not like slavery was started here in America. Freakin' eh! Why don't people ever read. Slavery was going on THOUSANDS of years before America was even an accident in a Italian sailors head. GRRRRR. I mean, who do people think built the freakin' pyramids? Huh?

Most of the slaves we got from Africa heer in America were captured and sold by their OWN PEOPLE. Yeah.

I was a minority growing up also. I mean, I attended, for the most part, a very rural elementary school where most of the students were the children of migrant field workers. Where's the sympathy for me. Nowhere. Why? Because I'm White. People are such complete hypocrites!

So, I think the most racist person in my class is my professor. No, really. The first week of class he was telling us how he adopted a little baby boy.....who was Black. He couldn't just adopt any kid, he specifically wanted a Black baby and made a point of telling us this. And then he proceeded to tell us of the problems he faced with society because of this choice. (This was during the 1970s) I personally think that he knew what was going to happen to him and purposefully made himself a martyr. Ugh.

But, yeah. This is the class that is a REQUISITE for my degree. I'm grinding my teeth even as I write this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cutest Memorables EVER!

I saw a Post on my friend Whitney Whiting's blog and thought I'd check it out. Turns out it was about this way cute trinkets website. I think the items are to die for and can't wait until I can buy something from there. Here's the web address for all interested: http://thevintagepearl.com/