Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

8.11.2009

Temple Work

So I had the opportunity to go to the Provo Temple today with the sisters of my ward. It was so nice to get to know and talk with them. To be honest, I haven't been back to the Temple since I got married, except for my brother-in-laws wedding, and even then, I was only in the sealing room. I know, I'm lame. I feel pretty lame. Anyway, enough pity party.

I had a really good time and loved being with wonderful women. I don't know about you, but I always get nervous when I go to the Temple because I'm so afraid I'll mess up and completely bungle something so important. And then I go and realize how much I psych myself out. It's laughable, really.

So I went and did initiatories today. It was exactly what I needed right now in my life. To be reminded of my role in Heavenly Father's grand plan. To remind me that, while my husband is the Patriarch of our family, I am the Matriarch. Him Priest, me Priestess. And that without one another, we wouldn't be able to achieve much of anything. Kinda moot, ya know? I always say that God has a quirky sense of humor. TRULY!

I also was reminded that I'm a good person and am blessed for being able to carry out a good work. To be able to enter into Heavenly Father's house and do his holy work. That I'm worthy of his love.

I'm always reminded of the many ways Heavenly Father blesses my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hey.. I went and did those the other day too! I've been back to do session and sealings since I've been married.. but it was my first time to go do initiatories.. it was soo awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initiatories are great...those are such special blessings and it's nice to be reminded of them!

    ReplyDelete

The Cutest Memorables EVER!

I saw a Post on my friend Whitney Whiting's blog and thought I'd check it out. Turns out it was about this way cute trinkets website. I think the items are to die for and can't wait until I can buy something from there. Here's the web address for all interested: http://thevintagepearl.com/