Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

6.09.2009

Softball....it hurts.

Me and Pat have been getting together with his brother to play softball these past couple of months. It's been so fun. We usually have our friends, Bryce and Blake there as well as Ben's wife's family. Occasionally we are joined by some ward softball teams and play with them.

I love softball. I used to be really good at it too. But all the years of inactivity and bad diets have left me to feel how out of shape I am. The first time I played, I was the catcher. I did over 270 squats, and I felt every single one of them for a whole week after that game. I couldn't bend my legs, they shook when I walked, and even had to lever myself down to go to the bathroom. It was a painful insight. Then I didn't play for a couple of games because I actually wanted to be able to walk.

So I decided to play this past Saturday. Not so good. I had just painted my nails, but they needed an extra player, so I decided to play. Barefoot. HUGE MISTAKE. The dirt had little pebbles in it and was constantly shifting under my feet. I walked away from that game with bruised feet, strained thigh muscles, and my forearms hurt for some odd reason.


It currently hurts to walk...again. I'm definitely wearing shoes next time. But I can't wait, because, as much as I'm in pain, it feels good to be active and feeling that burn again. I know, I know. I sound masochistic. I'm not. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cutest Memorables EVER!

I saw a Post on my friend Whitney Whiting's blog and thought I'd check it out. Turns out it was about this way cute trinkets website. I think the items are to die for and can't wait until I can buy something from there. Here's the web address for all interested: http://thevintagepearl.com/