Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

6.09.2009

Our First Year

Well....we made it. Not like I didn't think wouldn't. It's been hectic, frustrating, beautiful, exciting, boring, and all together fun. I am so grateful to have married the man I did. Even after a year, we are still adjusting to each others' personalities and quirks. But we've stuck it out and will continue to work with, and love, each other. We are sealed to each other for an eternity after all.

We celebrated Saturday night with Pat's brother Brenden and his wife Cherie at the California Pizza Kitchen. We had gotten a gift card to there as a wedding gift but had never used it. So we decided to go out and enjoy something new. Plus, with the our current financial situation, it's been a LONG WHILE since we've been out. It used to be our weekend "thing". The restaurant was cool. We definitely enjoyed being out with Ben and Cherie. We always have fun with them.

Sunday, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things I hadn't been able to get the day before for a surprise picnic I had planned. I got some food from the deli counter, corndogs and popcorn chicken, and also some loaves of French bread. I was so happy to see that the bread was only 50 cents a loaf. They're usually $1.50/each. So I grabbed 3. We love bread, Pat and I. After we got home, we walked down to the duck pond that we love so much. It was such a nice, peaceful day. It had just rained but it wasn't muggy or anything. It was perfect. When we first got there and broke out the bread, all the ducks from the pond swarmed around us. Greedy little buggers! It was the funniest thing and we got them to feed from our hands. We went through the whole loaf in about 10-15 minutes, but it was worth it.

Then we went over to a bench and ate the lunch we had brought. Yums! We sat and talked and then decided to walk around the pond. There were so many little baby ducklings and they were too adorable. They had so much energy and curiosity. Whenever the little ones would come close to us the mama would quack and they'd come swimming back. I asked Pat if we could have duckies when we buy a house. He giggled. I figure since we're both allergic to cats and dogs and animals with fur, maybe we could have ducks instead. But I told him we'd have to have a big pond as well. He laughed that time.

We just held hands and stood there, admiring the cute little creatures and then walked home. We received a lot of "Happy Anniversaries" from both our parents when we got home.

*Just a Note* My Parents should never take up singing together. They're hilarious and horrendous all at the same time. Me and Pat had a good long laugh after hearing them.

Well, that was our anniversary. Nothing too fancy, but it has a lot of meaning to us and that's what we like best. Plus, we got to relax and enjoy one another's company, which is something we don't get to do very often these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cutest Memorables EVER!

I saw a Post on my friend Whitney Whiting's blog and thought I'd check it out. Turns out it was about this way cute trinkets website. I think the items are to die for and can't wait until I can buy something from there. Here's the web address for all interested: http://thevintagepearl.com/