Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

3.15.2009

The Month of December...

So...December was loverly. Ummm, where to begin. The beginning of the month started out crappy. Me and Pat were freakin' out about finals and Ben's wedding and when to go down to California. It was super hectic. I so badly wanted to go and see the SLC Temple's lights, but never got the chance. We were so busy with work and school. On the upside, me and Pat were able to attend the "Body World" art exhibit in SLC. It was AMAZING but we couldn' take any pictures. Even if we did take pics, I don't know how many people would actually be able to stand the sight of human organs and corpses displayed so vividly.

We left for Arizona on the 19th, missing my mom's b-day. We went to Arizona to attend our nephew's baptism. It was so neat to be a part of that. It kinda reminded me of our nephew Gunner's baby blessing that we went to right after we got engaged. I was crying after watching Pat help bless his nephew and thinking that I couldn't wait for him to bless our babies. Yeah. I'm and emotional sap. Anyway. I felt really bad for leaving on my mom's b-day, but the baptism was the next day...so...After the baptism we followed my father-in-law, Jim, and step-mother-in-law, Valerie, over to California. It was so much driving and all we wanted to do when we got there was sleep.

We had a couple of days before the wedding, so that was nice. We did some last minute Christmas shopping and hung out with Pat's family. Then the wedding was on. It was so neat being able to watch my brother-in-law get sealed and the whole time I kept thinking of mine and Pat's sealing. I can't wait for my sisters to experience that. It'll be a trip for sure.

We had a really great Christmas Day at Pat's Dad's house. We were the last to wake up and had to be yelled at to hurry so everyone could open their presents. We're all adults and still Pat's brothers act like the cutest little boys. Then we went over to Pat's Mom's house for Christmas Afternoon. She gave us some pretty fantastic gifts. I love the watch that she got me. I seriously wear it all the time, and I don't even like wearing watches. Also, me and Pat had been looking all over for a Christmas ornament with the year on it but cold not find one. Anywhere. So, to our surprise, Pat's momma gave us this really neat ornament with our names AND the date on it. It was perfect and Pat was so happy. That evening, we went over to Pat's best-friend-in-the-whole-world, Scott's house for Christmas Evening. I think Scott is so awesome and so is his family. I got to meet all of his relatives, played guitar hero and other games, and just got to relax and hang out with them. It was a really cool experience.

The next day we spent some time shopping and walking around. I was so glad that we got to spend time with my step-sister-in-law, Aleece and her husband Scott. She was about 6 months preggers, I think. She's so sweet and very funny.

Then it was time to head back to Utah. I can't believe that I went down to sunny California during the happiest time of the year and it rained most of the time. It was definitely a downer, but being around our family was what counted.

So, yeah....that was my December....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cutest Memorables EVER!

I saw a Post on my friend Whitney Whiting's blog and thought I'd check it out. Turns out it was about this way cute trinkets website. I think the items are to die for and can't wait until I can buy something from there. Here's the web address for all interested: http://thevintagepearl.com/