Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

3.15.2009

The Month of February...

Ummm.....let's see. My sister Cait's b-day was on the 2nd. She turned 20. Very exciting for her. Valentine's day was pretty good. Me and Pat took each other out to breakfast at Denny's (his favorite). It was blizzarding out, so we couldn't really do anything outdoors. We just went home and chilled.

I had a major scare with appendicitis on the 19th. I went to the emergency room because my lower abdomen hurt. I had consulted with my mom, who is my unofficial doctor, and she said I probably just had a UTI and that they'd give me some antibiotics for it. So I get there and they have me do a urine test. That comes back negative, so my doctor tells me that it might be a yeast infection and that she'll have to swab me. GREAT!! I hadn't taken a shower and had never let anyone but my husband see me down there. And it was 9 in the morning. It wasn't too bad but the poking around she did hurt like a bitch. So she said that it might be an ovarian cyst that ruptured or it could be appendicitis. She then had me do blood tests. My results came back and, because my white blood cell count was so high, She thought I definitely had appendicitis and sent me over to the hospital to have a CT scan.

Now, if you know me, I absolutely HATE surgery. Of any kind. If I can see what's going on, I'm fine. It's when I can't see that I freak out.

So, I have the CT scan done. It was so horrible. On the plus side, the doctors were really nice. When the results came back it was determined that I didn't have appendicitis. A few ovarian cysts, but nothing major. So I went back to my doctor and she said that we'd have to start back at base 1. Fantastic. So she prescribed me some antibiotics for a UTI and I went home. The next day I felt substantially better. I gues it was just a UTI after all. All that, and it was so simple in the end. Go figure.

Just a pic of the bruises left on my arms after the many attempts to put in an IV needle. Both arms had bruises. They hurt so bad and didn't go away for, like, 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cutest Memorables EVER!

I saw a Post on my friend Whitney Whiting's blog and thought I'd check it out. Turns out it was about this way cute trinkets website. I think the items are to die for and can't wait until I can buy something from there. Here's the web address for all interested: http://thevintagepearl.com/