Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

3.20.2009

GOLFING!!!

Yesterday, I had scheduled a tee time to go golfing at the golf course right next to my office building. Our firm, well whole building really, gets to golf there for free. Everything is for free. Which is music to my ears being a starving student and all. So me and Pat had a tee time for 3:20P. It was such a nice day out too. We get there and Pat rents a set of clubs because he golfs left handed. He's ambidextrous. Then we were off to the first whole. Pat couldn't figure out how to use his drivers. I tried to give him instruction. After about 10 minutes, another group comes along and asks if they can play through. We said sure. We waited about 15 minutes for them to make the green and then Pat tried again. Another ten minutes passed and another group came by and asked to play through. Again, we said sure. It continued like this until 4 groups had passed us. It made me want to hurry and really frustrated Pat, especially since it was his first time. We eventually made it to the third hole only to be approached by a group of 4 high school aged boys who asked if they could play through as well. I think that was the breaking point for Pat. After that he tried his hardest to hit his balls and with him being a lefty, it was a little difficult to give him instruction. But I did try. We stayed on the last groups butt the entire time. We enjoyed the scenery and the slopes. There was one hole that took us down the side of a mountain. It was pretty neat and I was so glad we had a cart. Anyway, we eventually made it to hole 8, after skipping hole 7 and had to wait for the 4th group that had passed us to tee off. They took forever. I think the drive to be done and go home was definitely a motivating factor. So we waited and then teed off. About half way down the fairway the high school boys drove up and notified us that we had skipped hole 7. We kindly informed them back that we knew, we were sucking, and that we were fine with that. They chuckled and went back to the tees. We got really good towards the end and were very proud of ourselves for making through all nine holes. We got home after that and were so dead tired. We just laughed, ate dinner, and laid down. That was pretty much the highlight of my afternoon. Yep.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! i'm not a fan of golfing but i think i might be up for a round of it if i can just goof off and have fun, no seriousness at all!! is that a word? seriousness?? anyways i didn't think pat looked that bad with straight hair. isn't it funny how much men don't know! i'm glad that you found someone that is so perfect for you. it's so nice having someone to love!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Cutest Memorables EVER!

I saw a Post on my friend Whitney Whiting's blog and thought I'd check it out. Turns out it was about this way cute trinkets website. I think the items are to die for and can't wait until I can buy something from there. Here's the web address for all interested: http://thevintagepearl.com/